Who doesn’t love chocolate and raspberries?
Susan’s client, Anastasia Kulpa, shared her delicious baked oatmeal recipe with us! Try it as a Valentine’s Day breakfast and treat your loved one(s) to a delicious and nutritious meal in the morning.
Here is the recipe for all of you to enjoy.
Baked Chocolate Raspberry Oatmeal
12 – 24 Servings
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, microwaved to soften for about 45-60 seconds
- 4 small-medium bananas, ripe, peeled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (0-2%)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 1/3 cups quick oats, or old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish or pan. Blend together the first 7 ingredients (frozen raspberries to vanilla) in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Add in shredded coconut and oats to blended mixture.
- Let mixture sit for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature to allow oats to absorb the liquid – this will produce a smooth texture after baked.
- Pour mixture back into blender and blend again to make it smooth. Add in baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and top with more frozen raspberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cooked through (until the center is set). Remove, let cool, slice into 12 squares and wrap individually in tinfoil. Place wrapped oatmeal square in a plastic bag and freeze for later breakfast portions. (Leave a few squares in the fridge for this week!)
**Alternative baking option: Line 24 regular muffin tins with paper muffin liner and bake into individual muffin portions!
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings/squares): 209 calories, 8.3g fat, 7.1 g protein, 29.5g carbohydrate (24.9g available carbohydrate), 4.6g fibre, 210mg sodium
Revive Servings: 1 grains and starch, 0.5 proteins, 0 vegetables, 0.75 fruit, 0.5 fat, 0 dairy
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings/muffins): 105 calories, 4.1g fat, 3.6g protein, 14.8g carbohydrate (12.5g available carbohydrate), 2.3g fibre, 105mg sodium
Revive Servings: 0.5 grains and starch, 0.25 proteins, 0 vegetables, 0.4 fruit, 0.25 fat, 0 dairy
Share a photo of your Baked Chocolate Raspberry Oatmeal with us! Use the hashtag #reviverecipe on Twitter and Instagram, and tag us in the picture on Facebook. We’d love to see how yours turned out!
Didn’t snap a photo? Tell us how it turned out in the comment section below. 🙂