Do you have a surplus of beets in storage from winter? Here’s a fresh way to use them up!
1 tsp olive oil
3 small-medium beets
2 navel oranges (one for salad, one for dressing)
big bunch of greens
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp orange juice, or to taste
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub beets and slice off both ends. Place beets on a piece of tin foil, drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and wrap into a packet. Place packet on baking sheet. Bake for 45 min, or until fork tender. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, segment one orange (for a how-to click here) and juice the other for dressing.
- In a bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing, set aside.
- Remove skins off beets by rubbing with paper towel, or using a knife. Slice beets into pieces about the same size as orange segments. Plate your greens and top with beet and orange pieces. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Makes 4 side salads or 2 entree sized.