There seems to be an endless stream of calorie-heavy/sugary food videos circulating throughout the internet lately. While it is possible to incorporate those items into a balanced lifestyle, we wanted to create a few videos of our own, to remind people that vegetables can taste just as good!
We look forward to sharing these fresh, whole food recipes with you! Trust us… these items are MOUTH-WATERING!! Give them a try and let us know what you think!
To start us off, we have asparagus in a Warm Spinach and Asparagus Salad:
Warm Spinach and Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 10 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 red pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 25 spears), ends removed, chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup snow goat cheese or feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add 1 Tbsp of dressing to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add pepper, onion and asparagus to pan. Sauté till tender but still firm.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Add warm vegetables from pan to spinach.
- Top off with cheese and remaining salad dressing.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 132 calories, 8.8 g fat, 4.8 g protein, 9.9 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 95 mg sodium